Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Insalata Caprese [Caprese Salad]


Ingredients

Mozzarella (Ball)
Large Tomato
Fresh Basil (about 8 leaves or to preference)
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar

Slice tomato and mozzarella into discs (probably five each) arrange alternating on the plate.
Tear basil leaves and stick in between the tomato and mozzarella slices (arbitrarily).
Using the rest of the basil, julienne cut and sprinkle over the tomatoes and mozzarella.
[Don't know how to julienne cut basil? Watch here!]
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Drizzle equal parts oil and balsamic vinegar.


Serve with toasted ciabatta bread slices with a little oil drizzle and S & P.

This is the perfect summer dish, but at this point, I'm just focusing on it NOT snowing anymore!

XO

Anna



1 comment:

  1. I love the italian food. My family live in Italy but I am Spanish. I have a linky party on my blog. Kisses from Spain.

    ReplyDelete