Sunday, February 24, 2013

Simple Recipe Sunday Series

Okay, it feels like all my recipes are not 'real' recipes but more like food suggestions. Do ya feel me? Anyway, that's ok because I'm not even close to a perfectionist when it comes to cooking!

Topic :: Raspberries and Blackberries

It's one of my favorite fruit combinations.
So my 'recipe' or suggestion goes like so. . .

2 small containers of raspberries
1 small container of black berries
[Of course, you can add strawberries or blueberries or whatever, but for me the simpler the better and I don't like blueberries anyway.]

Mix and mash to the texture of your liking; I like it just barely mashed.
Keep in a covered bowl in your fridge and add it to virtually anything.
It's basically like a really fresh jam minus preservatives and added sugar.

Put it on bagels with cream cheese, toasted English muffins, biscuits, and even heat it up and pour it over vanilla bean ice cream, soooo good!

I've added it to pancake batter too, which made the most delicious purple pancakes ever. . .


They're sweet enough that you don't need syrup, but a little butter never killed anyone. . .

Happy Sunday!

XO

Anna

2 comments: